My new toy deserves a post of its own…. 🙂
Isn’t it adorable? A throwback to the retro age.
A random conversation with the sales lady while I was buying a bag for it.
Lady: Oh, your camera is so cute. Is it a good camera?
Me: No, the images might come out blurry and it’s not sharp like a digital camera
Lady: Why do you buy it??
Me: Because it can take imperfect pictures. Imperfect pictures can be beautiful.
I was also drowning myself in the instruction manual. I like the part on “simple suggestions”. It’s plain simple. 🙂
- Always check to see that the lens cap has been removed before taking a picture
- Always take pictures with the sun behind the camera
- Always hold the camera steadily and firmly against one’s face
- Always press down the Shutter Release Button gently to avoid jerking
- Always advance the film until the next Frame Counter number appears in the Frame Counter Window after a picture is taken
- Always load or remove films in a dark place
- Always use the flash when taking pictures in shades or an insufficiently lit-up room
- Never take pictures with an object distance of less than 3.25ft
- Always clean the lens only with a piece of soft and smooth cloth..
I had not been so hell excited for a while…
Let’s see, I’m excited about:
- Flying to Shanghai & Xi-an for travel & the Library-Project tomorrow
- Travelling with my best friend who lives in SH. This is our 1st trip together since we last travelled to Hong Kong 5 years ago! We are going to have so much fun!
- Splurging on a Holga 120GCFN (in plastic purple)! I can’t wait to test it out in China! I’m checking out Youtube on how to load and unload the film. (I’m crap at these things….)
PS: I’m also dreaming of a Canon G10… but one at a time. :p
The little boy wanted to know if the President’s haircut felt like his.
I’m due at my hair-dresser’s today too. I don’t usually dictate what I like for my haircut – leaving it up to the stylist as she wishes. I get a surprise most times.
I’m floating on air….
It’s either my new “don’t mess with me” heels (which are surprisingly comfortable), or the effect of too much bubbly.
I think it’s the bubbly.
Best enjoyed with friends and a beautiful sunset.
I’m not sure whether this is an appropriate picture after my graduation post yesterday.
I’m not sure where or what I will be 2 years down the road, but I think if I aim in the general direction of working on developing better relationships and better eating/exercising habits, I should be alright.
Taking the cue from Jack Welch (arguably the best CEO of times) who once said that strategy is not a long action plan carved in stone, it must evolve to meet continually changing circumstances. The best laid plans of mice and men, often go astray.
And so I was due back in Sydney today for my graduation. It took me a while to decide if I should make the trip down. It was a toss between going to Sydney or making a trip to Xi-an (China) to help a non-profit start up a library.
I chose Xi-an instead. Because it was a chance in a lifetime to do something for someone else, and I was afraid that going to Sydney might make me miss it more. Or that the Sydney I remembered is not the Sydney I’m going back to.
But yes, I have graduated. A small personal achievement. 🙂
More on the Xi-an project later….
I’m not really a fan of comics, except for perhaps the adventures surrounding Archie, Betty, Veronica & Jughead.
But I might certainly pick up the Marvel Comic released in Aug 09, starring Tim Gunn as the Ironman. Yeap, Iron-man, aka the chap without a “real” heart.
I can just imagine Tim Gunn’s pursing his lips, dong that heartless (no pun intended) “make it work” phrase. The story is apparently set in NY Fashion Week, where a designer is murdered. 3 Charlie Angels-supermodel versions come in to investigate, with Tim playing the role of Charlie/Iron-man/Mentor.
It’s apparently going to be a on-going “Models Inc” mini-series of comics with fashion-friendly characters.
Now I would certainly hope to see characters such as Anna Wintour playing herself as the evil queen dowager, with her piercing stares behind her trademark sunnies, or Heidi Klum with her trademark “Auf wiedersehen” before she kills you with her legs in a scissor-style lock around your neck. Or perhaps Tyra Banks as she crushes your fragile ego with her “your journey ends on ANTM”.
And maybe the trio of new angels will be of Michelle Obama/Carla Bruni/Princess Letizia of Spain who can come in as the saviors of fashion – with biceps to butt, oops, I meant boot!
Should be fun! I’m looking forward to it already.
PS: I missed Project Runway….
Filed under Fashion, Humour