Facebook status updates in 2009 on Me, Myself and My Wardrobe
Vanity, thy name is woman…
- needs more wardrobe space.
- is looking for grey opaque tights for her new nude boots. 🙂
- Price aside, why are beautiful shoes so uncomfortable? And why are comfortable shoes so ugly?
- wonders if Michelle Obama’s & Carla Bruni’s aides had a pow-wow before they actually met? However do u explain that both turned wore dresses with large neck bows & sleeves!??
- wonders how other women can put on fake eyelashes in the morning when she’s usually struggling to prevent herself from poking her eyeballs out with the mascara wand and heated eyelash curler.
- is both amused and freaked to receive an email from Amazon.Com that reads something like “based on your past book searches & purchases, we want to remind you that “The Fashion Show” premieres tonight on Bravo TV. Call it direct marketing…
- shopaholic alert – October’s credit card bills are at stratrospheric levels.
Kicking some Ass…
- feels accomplished after the nature walk @ Ubin today!
- wants to zorb…anyone interested?
- a tortuous pilates session is all it takes to find out how much unidentified muscles she has
- is taking the plunge to sign up for her 1st Shape Run despite her aching feet from the 5km walk yesterday! Time for regular runs to supplement the pilates sessions!
- one month down to Shape run and desperately needing to re-start the jogging routine (yet) again! Time to put the new Nikes to some good use.
- is pleased with her running progress. She’s on track. Ok, not literally, but on treadmill.
- is gearing up for the 5km run tomorrow, though what’s she really looking forward is the huge breakfast after (eggs, bacon, smoked salmon and coffee please)… Oh, and let’s hope that high-heels inflicted blister on her toe won’t decide to burst.
- dull ache from yoga actually feels good.
- had a most gruelling yoga session today. One day, I will be able to stand on my hands and write with my toes, but not today.
- finally understood why the Body Combat class at the yoga studio is always full. When you hear enough of “you have to cultivate inner peace”, it feels good to be punching and kicking. Satisfying, really
2009: Had epiphany. Realized will never be one of those glam girls who look well put together in the morning, afternoon and/or night. Still, did not stop shopping. Wardrobe situation under control (well-done!). Bought new wardrobe.
Gave up heated mascara wand. It burnt whatever little lashes I had left.
Started exercise regime! Placed myself into a big ball (zorbing) and rolled downhill. Felt like piece of laundry in the washing machine whilst rolling. Finished first 5km run, in 38 minutes (pat on back!). (Re)started yoga and discovered interest in yoga combat. Have not gone for yoga, nor step into gym the past 2 weeks (oh dear!)
Bought first branded bag from Italy – in gun metal grey. Lied to mum about its price (slashing it by >50%).
Plans for 2010: Fill up new wardrobe. Do another 5km run. Drag myself to the gym. Maybe more shoes? Cut up one credit card.
Picture credits: Etsy