- It rained for almost 3 days straight in the early part of the week. I love rain. Particularly if I’m the passenger in the front seat of the car. I love the splitter splatter of the rain on the windscreen. I love that rhythmic swipe of windscreen wiper. It’s almost hypnotic.
- It was the first year that I helped my mum cook for the lunar new year. I don’t know why, but it just hit me that if I do not start learning, I may never be able to recreate those age-old recipes infused with their original flavors of homeliness. Perhaps it’s a recognition of mortality, or that I have reached a point in my life where understanding where I’m from is just as important as knowing where I’m going. So, I cooked nonya-style curry chicken. The secret, my friends, is in the potatoes and in my mum’s home-made chili sauce which I have yet to pick up.
- It must be nice to open a bar with the cocktails inspired by one’s lost loves. Check out the bar 13 wives at Kampong Bugis for a preview where each drink is accompanied by a soulful narrative of the woman who inspired it.
- Ms. A and I have planned a grand holiday in June/July to Chengdu. Chengdu is apparently also referred to as the Land of Milk & Honey! I’m not kidding. It sounds almost like the Oriental version of the Promiseland! So yum to pandas, gorges, valleys, E-mei mountain, great Buddha statues, spicy sichuan food and tea houses where you can waste whole afternoons away.
- The Bermuda Triangle of Productivity. How true! These are the 3 default tabs in my browser, along with Google Reader. (Credits: Picture from site)
- Love these 2 quotes about writing from here.
“Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.” ~Gene Fowler
“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection.” ~Anaïs Nin