2010 FB status update on my favorite activity, travelling!
- The start of a holiday never comes soon enough, while the end of one draws to a close too soon.
- Glad to be off to Bintan for a weekend with the girls. Will like to do nothing more strenuous than clinking champagne glasses by/in the pool.
- 6 years hiatus, and I’m back to HK/Macau with a vengeance. Older, wiser and more importantly, armed with a higher credit limit. 🙂
- Enjoying being a big kid at Universal Studios. Particularly being able to urm, snatch prime spots on rides from smaller kids.
- First self-drive up to Desaru, Malaysia. Armed with Google Maps, and urm, excellent map-reading skills.
- Bought myself a ticket to London on a whim! 🙂
- Stylish dresses for high street London, sensible sweaters for highland Scotland. 2 wardrobes packed in a cabin-sized luggage.
- Loving London! It’s like stepping on monopoly real estate. Or like being a rabbit as you burrow through the subway connecting tunnels.
- Learning the art of road-crossing in HCM City. Breathe and walk on, even if the motorbike passes within a hair’s breath of you.
- Escape from the haze – to Phuket!
- Saw too many bare-butts in Fukuoka…
- ATV ride adventure in Siem Reap!
Stocktake 2010: Not a bad list! Siem Reap, Bintan, Desaru, Phuket, HCM City, HK, Macau, South Japan (Fukuoka, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Yanagawa), London, Edinburgh and the highlands!
Near and far. Resorts and hillsides. Matured cities and cities in transition. Arts, Culture, Adventure and Glamour. All in, a good coverage! 🙂
The highlight of my globetrotting adventure in 2010 must be my solo trip to London/Scotland. I called it “sweet solitude“. Realised that I’m quite a good solo traveller, so long as I’ve planned the details before hand, and not sweat the small stuff too much.
Tip to solo travel: Bring only a cabin-sized luggage, even if it’s for 10 days and you are in shopping capital London. No one’s gonna help you move things up and down the subway/train carriages!
Updated: Audrey, my travel mate had to remind me that we had travelled to Japan (Fukuoka, Miyajima, Hiroshima and Yanagawa) this year! I’m embarassed that I forgot! Oops, Audrey! I think this calls for us to go to another Japan trip in 2011?
Plans for 2011: Yes, Bali planned for January 2011. Reminder to check out Luxe/Lonely Planet/Wallpaper Guides on where to go next. Maybe I should pin a map on my door, and decide on where to go, archery style. 🙂
Another trip to Japan? ;p