I had originally decided to do the status update review in 6 parts. Until I decided that 5 is better number. It’s my favorite number, and coincidentally also my life path digit (you know in numerology where you add up the digits in your birthdate and reduce it down to a single digit.).
The final morsel- Part 5 (A wee bit of cinicism and more to come)
- Work expands to fill the time available for its completion(Parkinson’s Law)
- is not sure of an appropriate reaction after finding out she once ate a cockroach when she was one.
- is insomniac turning insomaniac soon…
- Patience & Generousity have its limits.
- “If you can keep your head whilst all about you are losing theirs, you probably have not fully understood the problem.”
- is walking on a thin line here. She actually derives pleasure from telling people who refuse to give up seats on trains for senior citizens off.
- is not half as evil as you are…..
- If the Decepticons can transform themselves into hot young things, why aren’t they called Vamp-bots?
- Bad: Cutting your fingernails on the train. Worse: Standing up while doing it and having the nail bits landing on others.
- From Scent of a Woman – there’s a scene where Al Pacino asks a girl to dance and she replies, “I can’t, my boyfriend will be here any minute now”. To which Al responds, “A life is lived in an instant”. Then they dance to a tango.
- amused by the question posed to her today: Whether the national anthem of Kazakhstan that was sung in the film Borat is the actual national anthem? In case you are interested, the answer is no… 🙂
- In our drive to become a world-class glitzy city, we sometimes forget we are also a country — @ 0845hrs as my face was plastered against the train doors.
- There are 2 kinds of people in the world – those who have brains and those who don’t. The problem is that those who don’t are too sure of themselves and those who have are doubting themselves.
- 新闻 (xin wen) , ニュース (shimbun), 신문 (sin mun) sounds roughly the same
- just absolutely disgusted with huge corporations
- Diplomacy and tact (aka getting your points across without sounding like a bitch) are under-rated talents.
- I am not a magician, I don’t do miracles.
- is amused that one of her personal email discussion chains revolved around panda porn, i.e. whether it is animated, humans in fur costumes or real pandas. Answer: Real Pandas, as confirmed by wikipedia (no links to Youtube though). Culprits involved in email discussion not identified.
- “The funny thing is, in your twenties you try and look serious, and after your twenties, you just try and look hot ”
- Project 2010 – slowly, but surely.
2009: Thought had left the neurotic 20s behind. Turned out that being 30 unleashed enjoyment of neurotic indulgence via blog.
Plans for 2010: Cinical, with a dash of idealism to continue, and new projects, new terrains to explore. Looking forward to 2010 already.
Picture Credits: Marc Johns