It’s the time where we looked back on what we have done for the past year. The joys, the laughter, the emotional lows and highs all captured via my Facebook status updates in 2009. These carefully crafted and selected status made me smile. Great memories!
Presented in 6 parts : (i) Journey Round the World, (ii) Food/Drink & Some Chilling, (iii) Things that Run on Batteries, (iv) My wardrobe, my Body and I, (v) Cinical’s Cinicism (vi) Milestones & Looking Ahead.
Round 1, here we go: Journey Round the World!
- is thinking where to go on holiday. Max 4 hours flight radius and 4 nights stay. Suggestions please.:)
- has settled her holiday destination. It’s Kochi (India)! 🙂
- is off to Kochi, armed with Sanjeev Bhaskar’s India travel anthology, a sense of adventure and oh, a strong tummy.
- enjoying Kochi still! Indian trains are fun, especially the non-air-conditioned, cheapest kind. 🙂
- is crossing fingers that H1N1 will be contained in China, lest it screws up her travel plans!
- Pit-stop: Shanghai/Xi-an, China Roadblock: Do NOT spend all your money for this leg of the race at Hong Kong Airport. You have 2 hours for this challenge.
- has not enough money for capitalist china, particularly under the bad influence of Ms. F. LOL…
- basically went shophaholic-nuts @ the evil evil fabric market of Shanghai
- managed to immerse herself in the capitalist glitz of Shanghai, enjoy the simplicity of the rural Chinese village, do some hiking in the Hua Mountain and learn about the historical terracotta warriors! Oh, and eat like a cow (with 4 stomachs, I mean).
- Oh man, google reader is blocked in China… must be the clamping down of internet access before the anniversary of Tiananmen….
- is flying back… with luggage much heavier than before. Oops.
- needs another holiday to recover from her last…..
- is charmed by quaint Malacca…
- All roads lead to Rome (literally), and so begins the 2 month countdown to La Dolce Vita! Fingers crossed! 🙂
- and friends are off to Italy for 2 weeks of budget indulgence in art, architecture, food and wine. Italian men they ain’t interested in, but let’s wager how soon they will succumb to the temptations of Madame Prada and Miss Miu Miu.
- likes listening to soppy love songs on long train rides, meandering through europe’s countryside
- la dolce vita is starting with good coffee and ending with good wine, with scoops of gelato in between
- reality bites – woke up in the middle of the night, jet-lagged, realizing that I have forgotten the log-in password for the work computer.
Kochi, Shanghai, Xi-an, Malacca and Italy for holidays in 2009. With rides in rickety Indian trains, exploring quaint Malacca towns, motorbike rides in rural Xi-an villages, spending way too much money eating and drinking in Shanghai and many parts of Italy, it’s not a bad list. In fact, very good. 🙂
Hopefully 2010 will be another fruitful year of travel.
1st trip for 2010 already planned. Siem Reap in January! Woo Hoo! And hopefully, *cross fingers*, I can jet-off to London & Paris for another all-girls trip in 2010. And there’s still Chengdu, Tokyo, Delhi/Agra/Jaipur/Jodhpur etc etc to plan for. So many places to go, not enough moolah nor vacation days. 🙂
Picture credits: Etsy